- Xero allows you to have unlimited number of users for any type of account.
- Here is a look at the pricing structure of Xero.
User Types :
- You can set up different types of permission for different type of Xero users.
- There are following types of users in Xero:
- Read only:- Can only read the data entered in the system.
- Invoice Only:- Can only do data entry of the invoices.
- Standard user:- Can be customized as per requirements.
- Adviser user:- All access along with lock in dates and publishing reports.
Inviting a user :
- You can invite the user by entering name and email ID of the user.
- The invited user would be able to login with his own email ID.
- Additionally you can also define whether the user would be given right to “Manage User” and be a “Payroll Admin”.
Viewing Login details of User :
- You can see login details of user at General Settings> Users.
- You can get details of number of times the user has login to the account.
Inviting a Xero Customer Care :
- You can invite a Xero customer care representative in case there is any troubleshooting required.
- You can also remove the same at later stage when not required.
You will default to a Standard user when you complete the setup wizard as part of creating your own organisation. And you may be given a different role if someone invites you into their organisation. This means that some of the features you see in the demo company may not be available to you. You can change your role to Financial adviser if you need these features, or invite your accountant or bookkeeper to have this role.