- Xero does not differentiate between customer and supplier unless a sales invoice or a purchase Bill is entered.
- In Xero you need to add contacts and they would be automatically classified into customers and suppliers based on the entry of sales/purchase you enter with that contact.
Adding a Contact in Xero :
You can add a contact in Xero by as per below screenshot:-
- Xero allows you to enter a whole lot of information you would ever need to know regarding the contact.
- However the compulsory feeds are just First name and Last name which needs to be entered in order to create a contact in Xero.
- You can even create a group of your own so that all the contacts would be assigned to that group.
- Here is a look at the Xero form for adding a contact in Xero:
How would a contact look like in Xero :
The contact also has a log in it to ensure that you have a whole lot of who edited the details and when.
Creating a Group in Xero :
You can select the contacts and add them to your group so that they can appear in one group: